Thursday, July 05, 2007

26 hours to go until...

07 07 07!!

I know this is a pretty gratuitous post, but... I'm celebrating my lucky birthday this weekend by playing a whole lot of beach Ultimate Frisbee, and the to
urnament is raising some money for one of my favorite organizations, Habitat for Humanity. So, I thought I'd see if anyone would be up to challenge me to play awesomely this weekend...

For every successful lay out (diving catch like this one) I make, I'll ask for 50 cents.

For every lay out in the end zone that results in a score, I'll ask for a dollar.

ANY TAKERS?

Now, this may not seem like a lot of incentive, but just imagine for a moment--Beach Ultimate is 5 on 5, the field is smaller than a regular ultimate field, and you have to run in SAND. HOT Sand.


My team, "Birthday Party!", will be playing 4 games on Saturday and at least two Sunday, so imagine all the chances for lay outs!!

***If you're interested in sponsoring me, please let me know by 8 am Saturday.***

And please feel free to come and watch! We'll be playing at Montrose Beach, usually in the sand just east of the park bathrooms. We've got maroon jerseys, a huge birthday cake/mug flag, and listen for someone playing "happy birthday," perhaps on a saxophone of some kind.

Also, everyone's welcome to continue the birthday party with burgers and dancing at the Hideout Saturday night.

More info TBA.

Love,
Steph


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home